A Collision Reporting Centre is a facility where the members of the public can report traffic collisions to meet provincial legal requirements and insurance needs.

Ontario law requires all collisions where persons are injured, or where property damage exceeds $2,000 among all vehicles involved, to be reported to the police.

Keep in mind you MUST report to the nearest Collision Reporting Centre in the jurisdiction where the collision actually took place, and not the location closest to your home address.

Taking a picture of each other’s information on your phone is a quick way to exchange information accurately!

Motor Vehicle Collisions

The collision must have taken place in the city of London.

Steps to be taken by all drivers before arriving at the Collision Reporting Centre:

  1. Check the Exceptions list that follow to determine if police presence is required.
  2. If it is safe to do so, remove vehicle from the roadway.
  3. Exchange information with the other involved drivers/parties, including independent witnesses. Obtain names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance and vehicle information, including driver’s licence and plate number.
  4. As soon as possible, go to the Collision Reporting Centre with your vehicle.
    • If you vehicle is drivable you have 48 hours to report your collision. If you vehicle is disabled and needs a tow, the tow company will transport you and your vehicle to the Collision Reporting Centre directly from the scene.
    • During business hours, vehicles requiring a tow from the scene MUST BE towed directly to the Collision Reporting Centre.
    • During non-business hours, vehicles can be towed to the location of your choice (i.e. your home). You have 48 hours to attend the Collision Reporting Centre with your vehicle. You can also attend any operational ASSI Collision Reporting Centre location. Your tow company shall return your vehicle to the CRC the next business day at their earliest convenience for photographs
  5. Bring your documentation with you to the Collision Reporting Centre (driver’s licence, vehicle registration and insurance). The driver must report to the Collision Reporting Centre with the vehicle.


Motor vehicle collisions occurring in the City of London ONLY, may be referred to the CRC EXCEPT in the following circumstances;

  • Collisions resulting in death, serious bodily harm/bodily harm and ANY case where an involved party is transported to the hospital by EMS;
  • Fail to remain collisions reported to police from the scene, where the suspect information is known or evidence exists that is likely to identify the suspect (i.e. video evidence, debris at scene);
  • Collisions involving government, municipal or services vehicles; (Police, Fire, EMS, plows, trucks etc.);
  • Collisions involving vehicles carrying hazardous/dangerous goods;
  • Collisions involving criminal activity, suspended drivers, no insurance or when alcohol or drug use is a factor;
  • Collisions where a disturbance has developed between the involved parties;
  • Collisions causing traffic blockages (Where no other exception exists, once cleared, drivers may be directed to CRC);
  • Damage to property that creates a safety concern. (Damage to private or public property (i.e. fence, utility pole) may be referred to CRC after an officer attends to determine ownership, and any safety concerns, if no safety concerns exist, the rightful owner is identified and CRC criteria is met, driver(s) may be directed to CRC.)


Accident Support Services AI
Chatbot WordPress plugin by Kognetiks