ASSI offer unique alternatives to traditional collision reporting through our Collision Reporting Centres, and our complete collision records management solution – the Collision Reporting and Occurrence Management System (CROMS) suite of products. The CROMS Suite of products are comprised of three modules: CROMS Core, CROMS Mobile and CROMS Analytics – your total end-to-end solution for collision reporting. Whether a report was completed at one of our CRCs or completed by an officer at the scene, all the data is available in CROMS, and can be securely accessed by approved stakeholders through a web portal. Within 24 hours of completion, every field on the collision report is available in the Analytics Portal for analysis.
Additionally, the data collected in CROMS can also be exported into other databases such as Police Record Management Systems (RMS) and Insurance Claims Systems to generate a real time First Notice of Loss.
The collision forms are built right into CROMS with the flexibility to be easily adaptable if there are changes to the official collision reports.
The web portal allows users to retrieve collision reports instantly in real time, including scanned documents, vehicle photographs, and additional information such as tow, injury, and supplementary passengers’ data.
The products work together, or they can work independently to meet your needs.
Complete Online Collision Reporting System that uses logically organized tabs, and extensive drop-down menus and lookup values to minimize manual entry and ensure accuracy. CROMS has built in and secured document and photograph storage. Data can be securely exported, printed, e-mailed in a PDF file, and produce statistical reports. The application houses a complete customer service package for insurers.
CROMS Analytics is a versatile, user-friendly and comprehensive data analysis tool catered towards collision investigation and assessment. Designed specifically for the police and insurance industries, CROMS Analytics offers your department the ability to easily target, study and allocate resources based on collision data. Easily monitor and report on problem areas while also educating the community with straightforward graphs and analysis.
CROMS Analytics provides timely availability of statistics to identify trends and provide safe communities. CROMS Analytics can be of benefit to stakeholders in many ways including:
- Creating Road Safety Plans: Is it driver behaviour or road safety design? Quickly and easily identify high risk road users, new collision trends, “hot spots”, and more! Streamline enforcement to where & when needed to create safer roads.
- Monitoring Proactive Enforcement: Instantly measure your Results Driven Road Safety Programs for maximum effectiveness.
- Identifying Trend Changes: know where collisions are occurring and respond accordingly by addressing your service providers and staffing requirements to meet the ever-changing needs.
- Identifying Fraud Rings: search by multiple fields to identify rings.
CROMS Mobile is a multi-faceted mobile version of our award-winning CROMS system. With the ability to integrate seamlessly on a wide array of government collision forms and regulations, CROMS Mobile supports and delivers user-friendly data collection and reporting solutions for partnered police services. Supporting data transfer to e-ticketing, collision media, and data entry warnings CROMS Mobile alleviates data entry process and errors providing a quick user-friendly way of managing any on-scene collision.
- Web-Based: CROMS Mobile is a Secure Web based application, designed to ensure users do not lose their work if internet connectivity is lost.
- Easy to Use: Every field follows the official collision report, preserving the same format that police officers are familiar with. Driver licence scans / bar code readers, VIN decoders and drop-down menus speed up the report taking and ensures the accuracy of the information collected.
- Paperless Report Management: Officers electronically submit reports to their supervisor for electronic approval. Once approved, the information is available for analysis. CROMS has the ability to download into Records Management Systems and Government systems.
- Validation Errors and Warnings: Built in validation errors and warnings advise the user of mandatory government fields for completion and checks for invalid responses.
- Building in Diagramming Tool: Pre-drawn templates including for roadways, intersections, common vehicle points of impact for the officer to quickly select. Police Service pre-drawn templates can be uploaded for use service wide. CROMS report diagram (CRD) contains a library of objects to select, including vehicles, road signs, shapes, and more.
- Integrate with Other Applications: Integrate CROMS Mobile with any drawing program, e-ticketing modules, and mapping applications.
Our Service Packages
Collision Reporting Centre
The Centres are safe, and convenient facilities for the public to report their collision to the Police. Our professional, and well-trained employees are able to answer questions and assist with the electronic completion of the official government collision report. Collision Reporting Centres allow for police officers to be redeployed to higher priority community needs.
CROMS Only Jurisdictions
In addition to operating Collision Reporting Centres, ASSI has partnerships with several police jurisdictions without the volume needed to establish a Collision Reporting Centre. These jurisdictions are referred to as CROMS Locations.
In these jurisdictions, the police continue to investigate the collisions at scene and complete the Motor Vehicle Collision Report. Police use either the traditional paper template or ASSI’s CROMS Mobile Application where they can enter the report electronically at roadside. ASSI data enters the On-Scene paper reports within 24-48 hours of receipt and the Mobile Reports are available in CROMS within 1 hour of the supervisors’ approval, ensuring insurance companies have the information efficiently to make informed decisions and handle their claims at the first available opportunity. Police partners benefit from the use of unlimited access to the CROMS suite of products and quarterly statistical report packages customized to their jurisdiction.
Benefits to Police & Government
- Safer Roadways
Due to proactive, not reactive enforcement, officers are available to prevent collisions, rather than investigate them.
- Extremely high customer satisfaction
In excess of 95% of citizens who utilized ASSI’s Collision Reporting Centres find the service to be convenient and rate it as very good or excellent.
- Reduce Traffic Congestion
Restore traffic flow and eliminate secondary collisions by quickly removing vehicles from the roadside and citizens to a safe and comfortable facility to report the collision. Upwards of 73% of all collisions can be reported at CRCs.
- Minimize Officer Health and Safety Risk
Officers are no longer a visual distraction to drivers at the side of the road, where dangerous secondary collisions can occur.
- Reduce the Time Officers Spend on Low Priority Reports
Since professional ASSI employees assist citizens with the report, the time officers spend on CRC collision reports is limited to an average of 5 minutes per citizen.
- Improve Officer Response Time
Through increased officer availability response time is improved. Police Services reallocate resources for higher priority needs and proactive enforcement.
- Increased Efficiencies
By partnering with ASSI, police can deal with thousands of collisions more efficiently, without administrative staff and without going out to the collision site.
- Budget Reallocation
Using the ASSI’s Collision Reporting Centers can result in massive reallocation opportunities for police time, strong positive public support, reduced traffic congestion and redeployment of officers for higher priority needs.
- Ministry / Department of Transportation
Data in CROMS can be electronically transferred to Departments or Ministries of Transportation to validate the data collected and to prevent duplication of data entry for the timely delivery of annual safety reports.
Benefits to Insurance Companies
- Increased Customer Service
Through our Collision Reporting Centres and insurer branded Hand-Outs, you are “there” when your customer needs you. Start the claim process within hours of the collision! Complete customer service package of information is provided to participating insurance companies. Take advantage of First Notice of Loss generating capabilities in CROMS.
- Early Intervention in the Claims Process
Start the claim process within hours of the collision! Complete customer service packages of information are provided to participating insurance companies. Take advantage of First Notice of Loss generating capabilities in CROMS. Additionally, citizen are encouraged to contact their insurer directly from the CRC immediately after they have completed their collision report.
- Proactive Fraud Control for Insurers
Early Intervention allows insurers a cost-effective opportunity to detect or prevent fraud at the earliest stage possible, and allows insurers to pro-actively manage the claims investigation process and customer experience.
- Photo Images of ALL Vehicles – Stop Staged or Exaggerated Accidents
Review photographs of all vehicles involved in the collision to ensure damages match, if damages could have caused injury, and possibility to determine total loss vehicles. Damage Reported to Police Stickers are applied to prevent and prove creative damage.
- AB/BI & Passenger Information
We capture additional information for insurers when customers indicate an injury that can be immediately forwarded to a bodily injury or accident benefits adjuster for investigation. Contact injured parties immediately to control AB/BI costs and legal involvement. Additional passenger and injury information captured is vital in quickly separating legitimate and suspicious claims.
- Control Costs and Expenses
Early Claim Intervention allows insurers to control, reduce, or eliminate costs like rental vehicles, and appraisals, while increasing Direct Repair participation and improving customer service at a time your customer needs your help the most. Early identification of bodily injury or accident benefits and Med Pay collisions let you control these from the earliest moments.
- Increased Capture of “No Insurance” Reports
We have developed a process with insurers for the notification of police when it is determined that motorists are in possession of your cancelled, invalid, or fraudulent liability slips.
Demo or Training Session
Interested in a CROMS Demo or a Training Session?
ASSI provides demos and free training to interested Police Services and insurers. Topics include:
- Collision Reporting Centres
Training on what CRCs are, when citizens can be directed there, and the process for reporting.
- CROMS CORE
Training focused on how the application works, and how to access applicable information and documents.
- CROMS Analytics
Training that covers how to use CROMS Analytics to answer all of your collision related questions by querying any field captured on the collision report, creating, and saving ad-hoc queries, and navigating through the system from the Map View, Tabular View, and Graph View.
- CROMS Mobile
Training for front line officers on how to use CROMS Mobile to enter the collision reports electronically and training for supervisors to retrieve and electronically finalize reports.